Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rockclimber Rockclimber is offline

Default How do you write sideways on a word document?

How do you change to type sideways so I can do tear off phone numbers at the
bottom of a page?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do you write sideways on a word document?

To write sideways on a Word document, you can use the Text Box feature. Here are the steps:
  1. Click on the "Insert" tab on the top menu bar.
  2. Click on "Text Box" in the "Text" section.
  3. Choose the type of text box you want to use. You can choose a pre-designed one or create your own.
  4. Click on the text box to select it.
  5. Click on the "Text Box Tools" tab that appears on the top menu bar.
  6. Click on the "Text Direction" button in the "Text" section.
  7. Choose the direction you want the text to go. In this case, you would choose "Rotate all text 90 degrees."

Once you have done this, you can type your tear-off phone numbers in the text box and they will appear sideways on the page. You can then adjust the size and position of the text box as needed.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

This is a lot easier to do in Publisher (if you have it), which has
templates specifically for this purpose. In Word, create a one-row table
with the desired number of columns, then change the text direction in the
cells.

"Rockclimber" wrote in message
How do you change to type sideways so I can do tear off phone numbers at
the
bottom of a page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
RobertVA RobertVA is offline

Rockclimber wrote:
How do you change to type sideways so I can do tear off phone numbers at the
bottom of a page?

Indicating which version you are using may help those with the same
version offer specific directions.

Please respond the results of inserting a table, right clicking on one
of the table cells and checking the resulting context menu for "Text
Direction...". Visibility and/or availability of items on menus varied
as Word evolved through different versions, which is why you should
include application version numbers in posts.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mike[_13_] Mike[_13_] is offline

In 2007 Word: Insert a table at the bottom of your document (for tear-offs).
Size the cells. Right-click in a table cell, click on format, choose the
direction.