Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
joao

Default how many lists can I insert in a word document?

I've eight documents in word and all of them have several lists,
1.-
2.-
many of them are not sequential.

When I try to put them in one word document only (copy paste to a new
document), in the half of the document the lists don't appear anymore. only
the text appear.

Are there a limit of lists that I can create? can anyone help me?

Sorry my english and thanks in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Use SEQ fields with unique identifiers to do the numbering and you can have
as many lists as you like.

joao wrote:
I've eight documents in word and all of them have several lists,
1.-
2.-
many of them are not sequential.

When I try to put them in one word document only (copy paste to a new
document), in the half of the document the lists don't appear
anymore. only the text appear.

Are there a limit of lists that I can create? can anyone help me?

Sorry my english and thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hello Joao

joao wrote:
I've eight documents in word and all of them have several lists,
1.-
2.-
many of them are not sequential.

When I try to put them in one word document only (copy paste to a new
document), in the half of the document the lists don't appear anymore. only
the text appear.

The list is probably still there, but Word thinks it shouldn't be
numbered anymore.

Sorry, but there is not an easy answer to this question. All depends on
how the lists have been setup in the first place. The usual suggestion
is to use styles and not direct formatting (i.e., the bullets/numbering
toolbars) to do that, beceause it's very easy to utterly confuse Word's
internal numbering schemes (aka list templates).

I suggest you take a look esp. at Shauna Kelly's article (*) below:

Ins and outs of bullets and numbering in Word

(*) See the section on "Numbering, bullets, Headings, Outlines" (by
Shauna Kelly)
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/
How to restart style-based numbering (by Margaret Aldis)
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/...artMethods.htm
Word's numbering explained (by John McGhie)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/...gExplained.htm

HTH
Robert
--