page numbers

Old May 27th 06, 11:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default page numbers

Hi,

I ve been doing design on my thesis, and I have this huge problem. So, I
just did table of contents, and it went perfectly ok, but now as I try to do
page numbers, it really does not work.

The thing is that I d need to have page numbers started from the second
page, that is, after the cover page, starting from 1. At this moment, my work
is divided into different parts: cover page (header of the 1. page, section
1), second page (header of the 1. page, section 2), third page (header,
section 2), fourth page (header, section 2), fifth page (header of the 1.
page, section 3), sixth page (header of the 1. page, section 4), seventh page
(header of the 1. page, section 5), eighth page (header, section 5), ninth
page (header of the 1. page, section 6), tenth page (header, section 6). This
header, section 6 continues on the following pages.

I think this is connected to that same as previous thing, as all the
sections should be the same. Still, I really can t figure it out. My page
numbers should be programmed right in that when I scroll on right, and push
the left button on mouse down, it shows all the page numbers there, starting
from 0.

Thus, this is getting a little painful as I ve tried for two days back and
forth, and I just don t succeed. I d should return my thesis at the start of
the week.

I d appreciate if you d have some solution on this.

Thanks.

--
Jars_ki
Old May 27th 06, 12:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See:

How to set up a document with front matter numbered separately
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...rontMatter.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP