Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert_Hoffman Robert_Hoffman is offline

Default Complicating Drop Downs

Ok I'm new to this so bear with me. My task is to create a form in Word
where there are "procedures" we'll use 1-5. Each procedure is stacked in the
table and has a pull down with a pass or fail option and a comments section.
So far easy enough. Now below this checklist of procedures is a list of
affected equipment (items 1-10). Now when the user selects a pass in
procedure 1 there are certain items that need to reflect that they have had
that portion completed. Not all procedures test all items and not all items
are tested by each procedure. If your still with me then there is hope yet.
The resulting status of each item must stack with any other procedures
conducted IE: The user performs procedure 1 which tests items 1, 3 and 5.
Now procedure 3 is done which tests items 1,3 and 6. Item 1 has only these
two tests so the status updates from "Test 1 complete" to "Certified", item
3 has four tests total so it's status updates from "Test 1 complete" to
"Tests 1 and 3 complete". The idea is "Procedures" can be done in any order
and still acurately reflect what has been done. I have gone as far as a
procedure updating the affected items, but I can not get them to stack.
Thanks to anyone who at least takes the time to read this.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Robert

I'm not sure I do thoroughly follow your needs, but see the following
article and the links from it to Dian Chapman's articles about creating
forms:
How to create a template that makes it easy for users to "fill in the
blanks", without doing any programming
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...nTheBlanks.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.