Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jp

Default Word 2000 - how can I view tmp file containing pasted webpages?

I was pasting some webpages from a website onto my word document but before I
could save it, the system hung. after rebooting and returning to word, the
file was not recovered. however, i found the tmp file and i opened it in Word
but everything was in garbage characters. can anyone advise how i can
retrieve my data proper in this tmp file? many thks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

You probably can't. The temporary files Word creates are not necessarily
copies of the document.