Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
gz

Default How to transfer styles used in a document to another?

Hi, I modified a set of styles to use in a document,now I want to use the
same set of styles in another word document, how can I do this?
I am using word 2003 and 2000.
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Shauna Kelly

Hi gz

The very simple way, appropriate if you only want to do this once: from the
donor document with the appropriate styles, do Tools Templates and Add-ins
Organizer. In the Organizer dialog box, click the Styles tab. In the

right-hand pane, click Close File and then open your target document. Copy
the styles from one to the other.

The moderately less simple way, appropriate if you want to do this more than
once. Open the donor document and do File Save As. In the Save As Type
box, choose to save as a Template. Give it an appropriate name. Delete all
the text (the styles will be retained) and save. Now, File New. Choose
your template. This will create a new document based on your template. Now,
either copy and paste the text from the old document into your new, clean
document. Or, do Insert File and insert your old document into the new
one.

In either case, expect bullets and numbering to be less than perfect. See
the following for more information on that:
How to safely update a document's styles from its template without using the
Organizer (and how to make the Tools + Templates and Add-ins dialog safe)
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...dateStyles.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"gz" wrote in message
Hi, I modified a set of styles to use in a document,now I want to use the
same set of styles in another word document, how can I do this?
I am using word 2003 and 2000.
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
gz

Default Thanks! MVP.

Styles Growing Deb Page Layout 12 April 5th 06 10:56 PM
Save 'Automatically update document styles' option to template sooz Microsoft Word Help 1 October 25th 05 11:32 AM
How can I print out the styles in use in a document Bob Radford Page Layout 2 October 12th 05 06:35 AM
template styles not applying correctly to document Kimmie B Microsoft Word Help 4 June 23rd 05 05:09 PM
Document Map Question PosseJohn Page Layout 2 March 23rd 05 01:27 PM