Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hal Hal is offline

Default Page x of y in footer

How do I insert a footer page number in Word 2007 in the form Page X of Y
centered on the bottom? In older versions of Word it was easy: you chose
opened header/footer and the insert was a dropdown. No clue how to do it in
2007. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

1. Double-click in the header to open the header and footer.

2. On the Header & Footer Tools Design tab, in the Header & Footer group,
click Page Number and choose Current Position. Scroll down to Page X of Y.

3. For some reason on my system this does *not* insert the page number at
the current position but instead as a new paragraph, so you'll have to
delete the previously existing empty paragraph. Then center the one with the
page number in it (Ctrl+E), or (if the footer is to contain other content,
you can tab to the built-in center tab stop.

http://word.mvps.org