connor8205k

Default Unable to install Word 2002 as a part of Microsoft Works Suite 20.

Because my copy of Word 2000 appeared to be corrupted in WindowsXP Home, I
uninstalled it, planning to reinstall it from the original CD. Then, when I
tried to reinstall it, I discovered I couldn't find the product key. I
purchased Works Suite 2005 at my local Staples as the least expensive
availability of Word (2002, in this case). That was Friday morning, March
25. Everyting in Works installed nicely except Word, the only thing I really
wanted. Since then I have made five calls to tech support, spending about 20
hours of my time and the technicians' time--and it's only Tuesday, March 29.
I do NOT have a functioning Word. Word appears on the "Add / Delete Progams"
list, but not on "All Programs," so there is no way to start it. I need
Word, and since I'm retired, I don't want to spend more than the $90 I've
paid for Works. I've already cost Microsoft far more than the money I gave
Staples.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Y29ubm9yODIwNWs=?=,

A more appropriate group to ask in would have been office.setup. The folks there
might even be able to tell you how you could obtain a replacement product key,
if you still have the CD. A WORKS newsgroup might have been able to help you, as
well. And you'd have likely gotten a reply before now...

If you search winword.exe on your system, do you turn it up?

[...]

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)