Linda

Default I need to know how to scan a form and put it into Word 2003 in

Hi Phil,
What brand of scanner do you have? I was having the same problem with my HP.
Until I read about using OCR setting. When I used the HP softeware that came
with my scanner and turned on the OCR setting, it came up showing the doc
would be scanned as editable text. I then requested it be scanned into a word
doc and it worked great. Good luck.

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

I have used a OCR program, Omnipro 12. It created more errors that I could
fix. It created a table format that I could not change. Perhaps my settings
were incorrect. I then went to the MS Office Doc Imaging program. It too
did not allow me to copy the format and be able to add to the pages. So,
what is a guy to do. I was told that saving the scan in bmp format was not
good but to save it in either tiff or peg. Any suggestions on how to improve
the accuracy of the scan and OCR. thanks PHIL

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

You need to use an optical character recognition (OCR) program such as
OmniPage or TextBridge to convert the scanned image into editable text. One
probably came with your scanner.

"Phil" wrote:

I have a real estate listing form. I want to scan it and then make the form
editable so that I can fill in the blanks on my computer. When I scan the
form, I get a tiff or bmp file that I copy to Word. The problem is that I
can not edit it. Every time I double click on an area, I get "Format
Picture" instead of insert text. Thank you