RcL_Raptor

Default Why will Word 2003 not allow me to copy text?

A couple of co-workers are having problems with a Word document not allowing
them to copy text. I open up the clipboard, highlight what I want to copy,
hit Ctrl+C, nothing. Doesn't copy. I do the same thing again except I use the
menu command "Copy" to try it. Still nothing. Does anyone have any
suggestions?

RcL_Raptor

I don't think it is, mainly because none of our computers have had the
shutdown warning. If it had, I definitely would have heard about it. I hear
about it if someone's taskbar has gone missing, so I doubt it's the Blaster
Worm. Also, our virus detection software hasn't detected any viruses or worms
on any of their systems. Could this be a varient of the Blaster worm, or just
a minor bug that occurs in strange instances in Microsoft Word 2003?

Thank you for your quick reply, Suzanne!

"RcL_Raptor" wrote in message
A couple of co-workers are having problems with a Word document not

allowing
them to copy text. I open up the clipboard, highlight what I want to copy,
hit Ctrl+C, nothing. Doesn't copy. I do the same thing again except I use

the
menu command "Copy" to try it. Still nothing. Does anyone have any
suggestions?

It could be the result of an add-in or utility. There are certain Clipboard
utilities that are known to cause problems in Word.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This can be a symptom of the Blaster worm. See

newsgroup so
all may benefit.