Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jezzica85 jezzica85 is offline

Default Creating a table from a list

Hi all,
I have a list of data all at the beginning of a line in Word, like this:

Does anyone know if there's a way to turn this into a table, so it has 6
rows, one data entry in each row? I only need to figure out how to do it
once, without specifically entering in the row number, so I can record it in
a macro.
Thanks! jezzica85
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

hi jezzica85,

Try using Table|Convert|Text to Table, with a paragraph separator.

If you want a 2-column table, put a tab character after each letter before
doing the conversion.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"jezzica85" wrote in message
Hi all,
I have a list of data all at the beginning of a line in Word, like this:

Does anyone know if there's a way to turn this into a table, so it has 6
rows, one data entry in each row? I only need to figure out how to do it
once, without specifically entering in the row number, so I can record it

in
a macro.
Thanks! jezzica85

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Select the data and then from the Tables menu, select Convert Text to Table.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP