Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aedcone aedcone is offline

Default Mail Merge Labels (Word 2007) from Excel (2007)

I've created a mailing list using Excel. I need create mailing labels (Avery
8160) I've only been able to merge the first 60 records. There are about 10
additional records that didn't get merged. What might I have done
incorrectly?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It might be worth copying the table to Word and using the word document as a
data source. While Word will merge from quite a variety of data sources, it
is happiest when that source is a Word document.

My guess is that you have a character in the 61st record that the merge sees
as unacceptable - maybe a comma?

See also http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

aedcone wrote:
I've created a mailing list using Excel. I need create mailing
labels (Avery 8160) I've only been able to merge the first 60
records. There are about 10 additional records that didn't get
merged. What might I have done incorrectly?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aedcone aedcone is offline

I've checked... and I don't see any odd characters. I do have a column that
includes email addies, but that is not included in the merge. I did check
out your link prior to my original post...

However, going through the archives, I did see that someone else had a
similiar problem... and the following was suggested:

"I have had this problem too. I found that using the field "next record" is
the problem. Try it without using this field."

I don't see how this would help... because how would it know what the next
block to merge.