DiscustedWithTheSickosFromSeattle

Default Make the default view be normal (no IT NEVER IS, YOU IDIOTS

It is interesting that the software giant of the PC world can not manage to
make a default view be NORMAL. Only Microsoft, and no other persons on the
face of the earth, would allow the view of their Word software be something
weird. What is wrong with you people? Do you have to be sick to work for
Microsoft. I read what is needed to make it normal and if that wasn't
difficult enough, when you open any document that you did not create, you
will still not get a NORMAL view. Of course sane humans must then click on
VIEW and then click on NORMAL. One might think that the viewer should dictate
if they want the default to be NORMAL, but oh, no. The sickos in Seattle
think that anyone but the view should control what default view the viewer
shall have. Does Bill Gates recruit people from mental wards to do the
programming for Word and other such software. The more I think about what
must be going on in your sick minds the more I just want to throw up.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Graham Mayor

How is Microsoft supposed to know what *your* personal preference is? Normal
view certainly isn't my preference.

If you always want documents to open in normal view then it is simple enough
to achieve. Word will always open in normal view, regardless of what was
saved with the document by using the following auto macros. You can change
the zoom setting to something different if you prefer.

Sub AutoNew()
With ActiveWindow.View
.Type = wdNormalView
.Zoom.Percentage = 100
End With
End Sub

Sub AutoOpen()
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName
With ActiveWindow.View
.Type = wdNormalView
.Zoom.Percentage = 100
End With
End Sub

DiscustedWithTheSickosFromSeattle wrote:
[...]

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Opinicus

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message

If you always want documents to open in normal view then
it is simple enough to achieve. Word will always open in
normal view, regardless of what was saved with the
document by using the following auto macros. You can
change the zoom setting to something different if you
prefer.

Sub AutoNew()
With ActiveWindow.View
.Type = wdNormalView
.Zoom.Percentage = 100
End With
End Sub

That's cool. How do I make .Zoom.Percentage equal to "page
width"? I tried this:

quote

Sub AutoNew()

With ActiveWindow.View

.Type = wdPrintView

.Zoom.Percentage = PageWidth

End With

End Sub

Sub AutoOpen()

ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName

With ActiveWindow.View

.Type = wdPrintView

.Zoom.Percentage = wdPageWidth

End With

End Sub
/quote

But neither "PageWidth" nor "wdPageWidth" works.

--
Bob

Kanyak's Doghouse
http://www.kanyak.com

Stefan Blom

To set the zoom to "Page width", use:

ActiveWindow.View.Zoom.PageFit = wdPageFitBestFit

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Opinicus" wrote in message ...
[...]

Opinicus

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
To set the zoom to "Page width", use:

ActiveWindow.View.Zoom.PageFit = wdPageFitBestFit

Stefan, I can't get it to work:

quote
Sub AutoOpen()
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName
With ActiveWindow.View
.Type = wdPrintView
ActiveWindow.View.Zoom.PageFit = wdPageFitBestFit
End With
End Sub
/quote

If open a file that somebody saved with a "100%" zoom
percentage, it still opens with that percentage even with
the macro above.

What I'm trying to accomplish is this: no matter what type
or size view a document may have been closed with, when I
open it, it will be in "print view" and "page width". Is
that possible?

--
Bob

Kanyak's Doghouse
http://www.kanyak.com

Stefan Blom

Make sure that you keep the code in subs called AutoOpen and AutoNew
and that these subs are in the Normal template (or in some other
global template). See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Opinicus" wrote in message ...
[...]

Graham Mayor

Default Make the default view be normal

I go away for five minutes and all hell breaks loose
The correct code for this option is

Sub AutoOpen()
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName
With ActiveWindow.View
.Type = wdPrintView
.Zoom.PageFit = wdPageFitBestFit
End With