Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Clear Clear is offline

Default How do I turn-on my preview pane when Word 2007 OPEN a doc file?

When I OPEN a doc or docx file from Word 2007, I use the preview pane window
layout, but no preview of the documents can be seem or comes up for my review
before I have to open it into the full Word worspace window. Howdo I fix
this? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The Preview option still works in Windows XP but not, I gather, in Vista,
where you must depend on Vista's own preview/thumbnail view. Since I'm not
running (or familiar with) Vista, you'll have to explore a little to figure
how to enable that, or perhaps a Vista user can tell you. Or you can look at
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/1...-preview-pane/
or http://news.softpedia.com/news/Previ...ta-42953.shtml,
which seem to offer the answer.

http://word.mvps.org

"Clear" wrote in message
When I OPEN a doc or docx file from Word 2007, I use the preview pane
window
layout, but no preview of the documents can be seem or comes up for my
review
before I have to open it into the full Word worspace window. Howdo I fix
this? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Clear Clear is offline

Default How do I turn-on my preview pane when Word 2007 OPEN a doc fil

Thanks Suzanne. Your ref article worked.

Clear