Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
thatsmyman thatsmyman is offline

Default How do I get rid of microsoft Windows validation

I to all, I have been trying to get rid of Microsoft 'windows Validation it
keeps telling me that my softwear is not genuine but it is so any help would
be gratful.Thanks.Paul.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can get rid of the Windows Genuine Advantage messages by
purchasing genuine Microsoft Windows from a reputable vendor and
installing the genuine software. Do not install your genuine
Windows software on more computers than is allowed by the End
User License Agreement. Do not use your genuine Windows product
key to activate Windows software on more computers than is
allowed by the End User License Agreement. See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=892130 "Description of Windows
Genuine Advantage (WGA)" for more information.

thatsmyman wrote:

I to all, I have been trying to get rid of Microsoft 'windows Validation it
keeps telling me that my softwear is not genuine but it is so any help would
be gratful.Thanks.Paul.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim Wood Jim Wood is offline

It's not always user-pirated software either! I took my machine to a shop
because it wouldn't boot. They fixed it, but did so by reinstalling Windows
XP from a disk they had kicking around, rather than from my machines
proprietary 'restore' CDs. I didn't know the difference until I signed on
for updates and was informed that my software wasn't 'genuine.' Well, it's
genuine Microsoft, of course, but it wasn't mine. The shop went out of
business in the meantime and my only recourse was to purchase a new user key
from Microsoft, which legitimized the installation of Windows I now had. If
I had instead used the vendor's restoration discs to reinstall the legit,
original copy of Windows, I would have lost all my files and other programs.