How do I type mathmatical symbols for squared and cubed?

Old November 28th 06, 11:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joan

Default How do I type mathmatical symbols for squared and cubed?

I am using Word. Any ideas?
Old November 29th 06, 12:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Yandl

Joan,

If you only need the exponents for squared and cubed, you can hold down the
'alt' key and press the digits 0178 (on the numeric keypad, not the top row
of type) for the exponent and 0179 for the exponent . If you need more
than squares and cubes, you will need to set the font for the exponent to
superscript. In Word, a shortcut to toggle superscript on and off is to
hold down both the 'ctrl' and 'shift' keys while pressing the '+=' key.

Steve

"Joan" wrote in message
I am using Word. Any ideas?

Old November 29th 06, 01:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joan

You are the best. THanks so much for helping me.

"Steve Yandl" wrote:

Joan,

If you only need the exponents for squared and cubed, you can hold down the
'alt' key and press the digits 0178 (on the numeric keypad, not the top row
of type) for the exponent ² and 0179 for the exponent ³. If you need more
than squares and cubes, you will need to set the font for the exponent to
superscript. In Word, a shortcut to toggle superscript on and off is to
hold down both the 'ctrl' and 'shift' keys while pressing the '+=' key.

Steve

"Joan" wrote in message
I am using Word. Any ideas?