How do I type a number to show it as a squared number?

Old February 13th 05, 04:39 PM
NIUMOM

Default How do I type a number to show it as a squared number?

I am in an Algebra class and need to type my problems in Word. How do I type
a number as a squared number?
Old February 13th 05, 04:50 PM

Type 2, select it, and press Ctrl+Shift+= or Format | Font: Superscript.
There are also font characters for ² and ³, but these are rarely used.

Old February 13th 05, 08:06 PM
Doug Robbins

I would beg to differ on that, anybody doing any sort of technical writing
will probably make frequent use of Alt+0178 and Alt+0179, not to mention
Alt+0176.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Type 2, select it, and press Ctrl+Shift+= or Format | Font: Superscript.
There are also font characters for and , but these are rarely used.

so
all may benefit.