Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Voyager Voyager is offline

Default .docx cannot be opened because there are problems with the content

Yesterday while I was working on my Word 2007 document, it was closed
unexpectedly. When I tried to reopen the file I've got an error message as
follows:
"The Office Open XML file Uniqe2.docx cannot be opened because there are
problems with the content."
It has a detail as follows:
"Unidentified error
Location: Part: /word/document.xml, Line: 2, Column: 195269"
The file is so crucial and it contains my recent studies. I need your
help. Please help me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ted M H Ted M H is offline

Just wondering if you ever got help and / or ever solved this problem? I
think I may have lost a day's work here due to a situation that looks the
same as yours...It can't be a good sign that there are no replies posted, can
it?

"Voyager" wrote:

Yesterday while I was working on my Word 2007 document, it was closed
unexpectedly. When I tried to reopen the file I've got an error message as
follows:
"The Office Open XML file Uniqe2.docx cannot be opened because there are
problems with the content."
It has a detail as follows:
"Unidentified error
Location: Part: /word/document.xml, Line: 2, Column: 195269"
The file is so crucial and it contains my recent studies. I need your
help. Please help me.

Taconia Taconia is offline
Junior Member

Location: Oregon

Interesting since I have the same problem as of 2 days ago, and the details also refer to "line 2", but the column number is different.

Why does it give this reference to the problem but specify no way to resolve it? And do we know yet what works? I've tried all the solutions recommended but none work. I did create an RTF file and an Open Office file, but I'm afraid I lost a lot of my work on indexing and TOC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
I was working on my Word 2007 document, it was closed
unexpectedly. When I tried to reopen the file I've got an error message as
follows:
"The Office Open XML file Uniqe2.docx cannot be opened because there are
problems with the content."
It has a detail as follows:
"Unidentified error
Location: Part: /word/document.xml, Line: 2, Column: 195269"
Nancy32 Nancy32 is offline
Junior Member

I have also received this message (today) and it refers to "line 2" What is going on? I have searched this problem on Google and am impressed by the fact that several people have encountered this problem just in the last few days. Perhaps this relates to some kind of MS Word update that has occurred?

[quote=Taconia;471350]Interesting since I have the same problem as of 2 days ago, and the details also refer to "line 2", but the column number is different.
Nancy32 Nancy32 is offline
Junior Member

Update: I was able to open my file by sending it to my laptop which has Word 2003, and then downloading the extension files from MS which allow Word2003 to open Word2007 docs. I saved it with a .doc extension, sent it back to my desktop computer, where I then saved it with a .docx extension.

It worked, but I have no idea what to do to prevent this in the future! This is a client document and I dread the idea of them having problems with it in the future. Does anyone have any advice?

[quote=Nancy32;471631]I have also received this message (today) and it refers to "line 2" What is going on? I have searched this problem on Google and am impressed by the fact that several people have encountered this problem just in the last few days. Perhaps this relates to some kind of MS Word update that has occurred?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taconia View Post