Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
de de is offline

Default How did they do that, and how can I learn how?

It is legislative session time. I want to send out a "call to action" to
members for them to send an email to their representative and support our
proposed Bill. I received a similiar letter from someplace else and I want
to learn how they did it so I can use it for my use.

They sent a mass email to members asking for help. An attachment you opened
in WORD and within WORD was an email screen with the legislators email, and
such already filled in. (so the person does not have to look any information
up and so you can put your own assoc. in the cc: section so you know what was
sent). Then in the body of the email form (which was in the body of a Word
doc.) they had a form letter but also so one could add their own stuff. Once
the person was done adding their name or own words they could "click" the
send and it would be sent to the legislators emails already pre-coded.

How did they set that up?

What I would like to do is send the original email by merging the email
address from my data file. When they open the WORD doc. which has the email
form in it I want to pre-code the legislators email in the TO: filed and
precode my assoc. email in the cc: section so we know what was sent. I want
to already have the person I am sending this to's name and address in the
email form which I would want to get in there by a merge from my data file.

Is this possible? And where do I go to learn how.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I doubt that I would support anyone who sent such annoying junk mail, even
if it managed to get past my spam filters. However what you ask appears to
be a straightforward mail merge with attachments. See the article prepared
by fellow MVP Doug Robbins at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm or MAPILab's
Mailmerge toolkit add-in for Outlook
http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/mail_merge/