Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
James James is offline

Default Form field help text not showing on status bar

Hi, I am trying to display help for a form text field in Word 2003 but it is
not showing on the status bar. I double click on the text field and click on
the Add Help Text button and then under the Status Bar tab I type the Info I
want to display and make sure the type your own is checked. Then I save my
doc as a template. When I click on a form text field I added help to nothing
is displayed. Not sure what I am doing wrong, it seems fairly self
explanatory but for some reason I am not getting it.
Thanks for any help,
James