Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AdrianaMex AdrianaMex is offline

Default Unit conversion in Word 2007

Hi! I used to write things like "12 inches" in Word 2003 and by right
clicking over it, I'd get the option to convert the amount to another unit,
in this case, centimeters.
How do I do this in Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Adriana,

The Metric Converter SmartTag is still available in Word 2007. You can turn them on using the Smart Tags tab in the Autocorrect
Options dialog
(Alt, T, A). Also turn on the setting at the bottom of that dialog for
'Show Smart Tag Action buttons'.

You can choose to have/not have the purple dots under a Smart Tagged text through Word 2007 options (Alt, T, O, A) in the Advanced
section under the 'Show document content' section.

===================
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AdrianaMex AdrianaMex is offline

Bless your heart, Bob!
At first it did not work, but then I found the "recheck document" button and
that did it.
I hope next time I open any word doc this feature will be availble, other
wise, I know what to do.
Thanks!

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

It seems you had the Measurement Converter Smart Tag. You can download
the Word 2002 version from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...A-71354471DC32
but I can't get it to work with Word 2003.

The 2007 version comes with Office 2007, but you may not have
installed it. In the Control Panel, run Add/Remove Programs, select
Office 2007, and click the Change button. In the tree diagram of
features, Smart Tag Plugins are listed under Office Tools. Make sure
the ones you want are set to "Run from my computer" and click Update.

That said, I haven't been able to get Word 2007 to recognize that the
measurement converter is installed. It doesn't even appear in the list
of tags that are available but turned off. (To see and change that
list, click Office button Word Options Add-ins, set the Manage
dropdown to "Smart Tags", and click the Go button.)

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 15:19:22 -0800, AdrianaMex
wrote:

Hi! I used to write things like "12 inches" in Word 2003 and by right
clicking over it, I'd get the option to convert the amount to another unit,
in this case, centimeters.
How do I do this in Word 2007?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I'm glad you got it working. I haven't, so far.

wrote:

Hi! I used to write things like "12 inches" in Word 2003 and by right
clicking over it, I'd get the option to convert the amount to another unit,
in this case, centimeters.
How do I do this in Word 2007?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Success... I had to go through Add/Remove Programs twice, once to set
it to "Not available" and again to reset it to "Run from my computer".
Now it works.