Lenny

Default Handling the ENTER Key in Word 2003 Forms

I have created several Word 2003 Forms for the first time. I have
noticed that when setting a limit on the number of characters that
are allowed in a text field that Word ignores the ENTER key. What I
want to accomplish is as follows:
1. Limit the size of the text field (including the ENTER key).
2. Prevent the form from being expanded into another page.
3. Prevent the form's general appearance from being corrupted.
4. Maybe counting the number of times the ENTER key was hit (?).

Is any of the above possible in Word 2003's standard treatment of
Text fields in Forms? I don't know how to write Macros or Code so
that would not be good for me unless there was something already
written to handle the ENTER key.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Lenny

--
Lenny XT

Stefan Blom

Microsoft offers some macros to make the Enter key behave as the Tab
key; see

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Lenny" wrote in message
[...]

Lenny

Suzanne,

Thank you for your response. This sounds viable but I do have one additional
question for you (if you have time). Let's say that I want to permit six
lines of
text in total. Does this mean that I need to calculate the total row heigth
that
six lines would take up and set that as the row height limit?

Thank you for your time.

Lenny

--
Lenny XT

"Lenny" wrote in message
[...]

Lenny

Stefan,

Thanks for the reply. I did look up the macros by following the link you
provided.
Although it stated that it was only for Word Versions 6.0, 2000, and 2002, It
probably would work for Word 2003 (my version). My main concern is that the
Form document cannot be Protected for the macros to work (without an error).
In my case it is essential that the Forms be Protected. If you have any
thoughts
on this then please reply. I will investigate this some more.

Thank you.

Lenny

--
Lenny XT

"Lenny" wrote in message
[...]

Anne Troy

Basically, yes, Lenny.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Generally speaking, form creators limit the amount of space for form
field
entries by putting them in table cells with fixed row height.

so
all may benefit.

"Lenny" wrote in message
[...]

Anne Troy

That kind of macro doesn't require that the forms not be protected. They run
on the event of hitting the Enter key. You'll notice it says IF THIS PART of
the form is NOT protected, it just provides regular enter key behavior. So
if your form is all protected, it'll work.
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

news