Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arinne Dickson Arinne Dickson is offline

Default Forward delete key malfunctioning

I recently had to reinstall Office (2003), and ever since my forward delete
key has not worked properly in Word. (It works fine in other software.) It
does not like to delete spaces after punctuation, but it will delete any
other character. Ironically, in other cases, if I delete a single-letter word
such as "a" the space after "a" will be deleted along with the letter. There
are some other nitpicky instances too, but I'm hoping a solution to these
couple of problems will solve the whole lot.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Arinne (Erin) Dickson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Deletion problems often occur for several reasons. Three common reasons a

1. Editing settings (check Tools - Options - Edit, and look at the Smart Cut
and Paste Settings; some settings automatically adjust spacing when you cut,
delete, or paste text)

2. Document contains tracked changes that aren't being displayed (in the
Reviewing toolbar, set the view to Final Showing Markup or Original Showing
Markup)

3. Document contains field codes that are hiding and preventing you from
seeing what's actually there (Tools - Options - View, set Field Shading to
"When selected" or "Always".

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Arinne Dickson" wrote:

I recently had to reinstall Office (2003), and ever since my forward
delete
key has not worked properly in Word. (It works fine in other software.)
It
does not like to delete spaces after punctuation, but it will delete any
other character. Ironically, in other cases, if I delete a single-letter
word
such as "a" the space after "a" will be deleted along with the letter.
There
are some other nitpicky instances too, but I'm hoping a solution to these
couple of problems will solve the whole lot.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Arinne (Erin) Dickson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arinne Dickson Arinne Dickson is offline

Thanks, Herb! Suggestion #1 did the trick. I unchecked the option for Adjust
sentence and word spacing automatically, and now I can forward delete after
punctuation. Wish I had found this discussion list sooner.

hyperlink forward bobk544 Page Layout 1 February 4th 07 03:08 PM
How do i forward a macro and use it? lisa Microsoft Word Help 7 March 28th 06 01:07 AM
Create an auto-forward (forward to a friend) button in html email Fairfield Displays Mailmerge 1 March 14th 06 01:47 PM
Table width malfunctioning Jackie D Tables 3 September 29th 05 12:59 PM
From this point forward? Catt Microsoft Word Help 1 January 14th 05 05:31 PM