Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
docaaron docaaron is offline

Default transferring documents to new laptop with word 2007 and vista

After transferring documents to new laptop with word 2007 and vista, I can
no longer save changes or new docs except on desktop. If I try to save
changes, I am told the doc is "read only." I went into properties and tried
to change from read only, but got no change. If I try to save a new doc in
"documents" I get a message, "You dont have permission to save in this
location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission. Would you like to
save in the documents folder instead? Pretty confusing. Thanks for your help.
Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

That usually happens if you try to save to the root folder. Is that where
you're saving? See if this article describes your problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923917

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible