Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sheila Innes Sheila Innes is offline

Default Compare and highlight differences

Hi, I have Word 2003 two documents which I have to compare. Is there any way
to highlight the differences on the later document without having to scroll
through page by page. My document is 59 pages long and I simply don't have
the time.
I have looked on Compare Side by Side and can't find this function. I do
not want to compare and merge, just compare and highlight.
Any help much appreciated.
Sheila
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Compare and Merge is what you want. You don't have to merge; the "compare"
part basically marks up one document or the other in the same way that it
would have been marked if Track Changes had been enabled when the changes
were made.

"Sheila Innes" wrote in message
Hi, I have Word 2003 two documents which I have to compare. Is there any
way
to highlight the differences on the later document without having to
scroll
through page by page. My document is 59 pages long and I simply don't
have
the time.
I have looked on Compare Side by Side and can't find this function. I do
not want to compare and merge, just compare and highlight.
Any help much appreciated.
Sheila

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

To continue Ms Barnhill's suggestion, once you have done the compare, you can
use the Reviewing toolabr Next and Previous arrows to jump from one change to
the next.
The notation of the changes uses the settings for Track Changes, as set in
Tools, Option, Track Changes.
Hope this \helps
DeanH