Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JGOV JGOV is offline

Default Word 2003 MailMerge Question - Fillin Fields

Hi, I think I am in the right place for this question so here goes. I am
automating mail merge using word 2003 object model. My question is, is there
a way to suppress the fillin field prompt? I do not have access to change
the templates and do not have access to the datasource and this process must
be completely without user input. Here is my current code.

//Open Template Document
Dim WordDoc As Word.Document = p_WordApp.Documents.Open(sPath + "\" + sFile)

//Open DataSource Document
WordDoc.MailMerge.OpenDataSource(Name:=sPath + "\Datasource" + sFile +
".csv", ReadOnly:=False, LinkToSource:=False, Connection:="",
SQLStatement:="", SQLStatement1:="")

//Verify DataSource has correct fields per its corresponding template
If VerifyMergeFields(WordDoc) Then

With .MailMerge

..Destination = Word.WdMailMergeDestination.wdSendToNewDocument

..SuppressBlankLines = True

With .DataSource

..FirstRecord = Word.WdMailMergeDefaultRecord.wdDefaultFirstRecord

..LastRecord = Word.WdMailMergeDefaultRecord.wdDefaultLastRecord

End With

..Execute(Pause:=False) -- Prompts Occur Here

End With

//Save and Close merged Document

p_WordApp.ActiveDocument.SaveAs(sPath + "\MergedDoc" + sFile)

p_WordApp.ActiveDocument.Close()

//Close template Document

WordDoc.Close(False, False)

WordDoc = Nothing

//Check for Error Documents since pause was set to False and save/close
them.

For Each oDocument As Word.Document In p_WordApp.Documents

If Not
Directory.Exists(Path.GetDirectoryName(Reflection. Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly.Location) & "\ErrorLog") Then

Directory.CreateDirectory(Path.GetDirectoryName(Re flection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly.Location) & "\ErrorLog")

End If

oDocument.SaveAs(Path.GetDirectoryName(Reflection. Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly.Location) & "\ErrorLog\" & sFile & "_" & oDocument.Name & ".Doc")

oDocument.Close()

Next

//Remove unneeded datasource and template

File.Delete(sPath + "\Datasource" + sFile + ".csv")

File.Delete(sPath + "\" + sFile)

End If