Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
steph steph is offline

Default How reduce picture size to send as Outlook attachment?

In Outlook 2003, I want to use "Attachment options" to reduce the size of a
jpeg file before I send it as an attachment. However, I only get that choice
after I have the file already listed as an attachment. How can i apply the
smaller size I choose to that file?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

A very simple way of doing this is to install the freeware Google Picasa 2
software. This will take any image and shrink it to ideal size for e-mail.
This application is worth installing just for its simple tool to straighten
images alone.
or
SnagIt 8's editor (not free, but there is a working trial) will also simply
shrink images.
In fact any graphics application worth using can do this.

Steph wrote:
In Outlook 2003, I want to use "Attachment options" to reduce the
size of a jpeg file before I send it as an attachment. However, I
only get that choice after I have the file already listed as an
attachment. How can i apply the smaller size I choose to that file?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
steph steph is offline

Thank you, Graham, for answering. However, I have found an easier solution.
After you insert a picture as an attachment, you can go to "attachment
options" and then "picture options." You can choose the size you want. I had
been confused because the attachment line in the message heading still shows
the original very large size. But, ta-da!, when the recipient gets it, the
size has been reduced to your request!