Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rita Rita is offline

Default how do I get out of the footnote once I get my number in?

I was doing my paper and I got the referance and the foot note number then
when I tryed to go to the next page this line went across the paper and now
everything is a footnote......help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can double-click the footnote number to return to the main body of the
document (this works in the opposite direction, too).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Rita" wrote in message
I was doing my paper and I got the referance and the foot note number then
when I tryed to go to the next page this line went across the paper and
now
everything is a footnote......help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tom Ferguson[_3_] Tom Ferguson[_3_] is offline

Double-click the footnote or endnote number and it will return to the
reference mark in the document.

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

"Rita" wrote in message
I was doing my paper and I got the referance and the foot note number then
when I tryed to go to the next page this line went across the paper and
now
everything is a footnote......help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Logically, one would think that should be *first* suggestion given. Too
easy, perhaps? g

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Rita" wrote in message
I was doing my paper and I got the referance and the foot note number
then
when I tryed to go to the next page this line went across the paper and
now
everything is a footnote......help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
sos-nc sos-nc is offline

Do you know if there is a keyboard shortcut to get back into the body of the
document? (That way I don't have to take my hands off the keyboard.)

Thanks,
Sharon

"Rita" wrote in message
I was doing my paper and I got the referance and the foot note number
then
when I tryed to go to the next page this line went across the paper and
now
everything is a footnote......help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

"sos-nc" wrote:
Do you know if there is a keyboard shortcut to get back into the body of
the
document?

You could double-click the footnote reference.

(That way I don't have to take my hands off the keyboard.)

If you use Ctrl+Alt+F to insert a footnote, you could use the macro below so
the same shortcut takes you back to the text.
That's the way Ctrl+Alt+F used to work anyway until a few versions ago...
until it was broken.

Just paste the macro below into your normal.dot ...

Regards,
Klaus

Sub InsertFootnoteNow()
' Replaces built-in command InsertFootnoteNow,
' built-in keyboard shortcut: Alt+Ctrl+F

If Selection.StoryType = wdFootnotesStory Then
' return to main text:
With ActiveWindow
Select Case .ActivePane.View.Type
Case wdPrintView, wdReadingView, _
wdWebView, wdPrintPreview
.View.SeekView = wdSeekMainDocument
Case Else
.ActivePane.Close
End Select
End With
If Selection.Characters.Last.Style = _
ActiveDocument.Styles(wdStyleFootnoteReference) Then
Selection.Move Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=1
End If
Else
' insert footnote:
Selection.Footnotes.Add Range:=Selection.Range
End If
End Sub

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Strictly speaking, Shift+F5 takes you to to the last edit point, which isn't
necessarily in the paragraph containing the footnote reference. For example,
it could be somewhere within the footnote text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"CyberTaz" wrote in message
.. .
Shift+F5 will take you back to the spot you inserted the footnote.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/28/08 9:46 PM, in article
, "sos-nc"

"Rita" wrote in message
I was doing my paper and I got the referance and the foot note number
then
when I tryed to go to the next page this line went across the paper
and
now
everything is a footnote......help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rhonda Rhonda is offline

"Rita" wrote:

I was doing my paper and I got the referance and the foot note number then
when I tryed to go to the next page this line went across the paper and now
everything is a footnote......help?

I am having the same issue. Here is the thing. I am trying to force a page
break in order to insert a new page for Works Cited. If I do this at the end
of my text, before the footnote, the footnote goes on the next page. If I do
this AFTER the footnote, the next page is a continuation of the footnote.
Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Make sure the insertion point is in the document body, not in the footnote
text. If a footnote can't fit on a single page, it will be continued on the
very weird, so it might be better to force the paragraph containing the
footnote reference to the next page so that the entire paragraph and the
entire footnote are on the same page.

"Rhonda" wrote in message

"Rita" wrote:

I was doing my paper and I got the referance and the foot note number
then
when I tryed to go to the next page this line went across the paper and
now
everything is a footnote......help?

I am having the same issue. Here is the thing. I am trying to force a
page
break in order to insert a new page for Works Cited. If I do this at the
end
of my text, before the footnote, the footnote goes on the next page. If I
do
this AFTER the footnote, the next page is a continuation of the footnote.
Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
steph steph is offline

hey, i cant get to the next page either, and double-clicking is not
helping... anything else i can do?

"Rita" wrote in message
I was doing my paper and I got the referance and the foot note number then
when I tryed to go to the next page this line went across the paper and
now
everything is a footnote......help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you are in Print Layout view, just double-clicking back in the document
body should do it. If you're in Normal/Draft view, there should be a Close
button in the footnote pane.