Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
steph steph is offline

Default HELP - need to keep people from accidentally clicking inside the c

I have a form created in Word using tables, cells and the form field tool -
just the usual method.

I need to keep people from accidentally clicking inside the cell (beyond the
form field). As it is now, if I allow "form filling" they can only type in
the field BUT they can use their mouse to click inside the cell and press
enter to add lines and increase the size of the cell...messing up my layout.
If I choose read-only, they can't fill in the form

Am I missing something?? I must be able to prevent them from changing the
cell or row height by pressing enter.

I'd GREATLY appreciate any advice!!!

Thanks!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

If you protect the document for forms, there is no way anyone can
click in the table cell outside the form field. Form protection
prevents the cursor from being *anywhere* in the document except
inside a form field.

However, they can press Enter inside the form field, and that will
expand the table cell unless you prevent it. To prevent it, go to
Table Table Properties Row and set the row height to an Exact
value for each row.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman