Alasdair Crockett

Default How do I insert clip art into an envelope?

Hi folks,
I have just been redirected here by Mary Sauer in the "Clip Art &
Media"section who thought you would be better able to answer my question :-)
I would like to be able to insert clip art onto the front of an envelope
that I am addressing to friends etc, can any of you guys & galls help me out
with an answer?
(I am using Word 2002 and XP Pro)
Kindest Regards
--
Alasdair
Jay Freedman

See http://www.gmayor.com/Alternative_Return_Addresses.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Alasdair Crockett

Hi Jay,
and thank you for the reply.
I already have the document you mention in my ever growing knowledge base
and I have seen the question mentioned in old posts and the answer is as you
have given.
But I am trying to put a graphic on the right hand side of the main address
of an envelope or any where else on the envelope for that matter, is this
request possible or is it just "Pie in the sky"?

Kindest Regards,

Alasdair.

wrote:

Hi folks,
I have just been redirected here by Mary Sauer in the "Clip Art &
Media"section who thought you would be better able to answer my question :-)
I would like to be able to insert clip art onto the front of an envelope
that I am addressing to friends etc, can any of you guys & galls help me out
with an answer?
(I am using Word 2002 and XP Pro)
Kindest Regards

See http://www.gmayor.com/Alternative_Return_Addresses.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Jay Freedman

Hi Alasdair,

If you create a separate template for envelopes as Graham suggests, or just
use the Add to Document button in the envelope dialog to create a Page 0 in
the current document, then you can insert any clip art or other graphic
anywhere on the envelope.

To avoid unpleasantness with the frame around the delivery address, the
cursor should be in the return address when you invoke the Insert Picture
command. If the picture is inserted in-line, you can use the Text Wrapping
button on the Picture toolbar (or the Layout tab of the Format Picture
dialog) to change it to one of the floating varieties. Then you can drag it
wherever you want it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

wrote:

Hi folks,
I have just been redirected here by Mary Sauer in the "Clip Art &
Media"section who thought you would be better able to answer my
question :-) I would like to be able to insert clip art onto the
front of an envelope that I am addressing to friends etc, can any
of you guys & galls help me out with an answer?
(I am using Word 2002 and XP Pro)
Kindest Regards

See http://www.gmayor.com/Alternative_Return_Addresses.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Alasdair Crockett

Hi Jay,
Thanks fro the quick reply and I think you have answered my question in a
most delightful manner:-) I will have a Play around with it and see what I
come up with.
I have had another Idea about this also and think that by making the
envelope think it's a sheet of A4 paper and changing the settings to match
the envelope I can Insert clip art on the front /back ,top, bottom etc. This
may well prove to be rubbish but I will give it a go tomorrow along with your
brilliant answer, thank you.
I will let you know how it all goes as soon as I have tried out both methods.
Kindest Regards,

Alasdair.

wrote:

Hi folks,
I have just been redirected here by Mary Sauer in the "Clip Art &
Media"section who thought you would be better able to answer my
question :-) I would like to be able to insert clip art onto the
front of an envelope that I am addressing to friends etc, can any
of you guys & galls help me out with an answer?
(I am using Word 2002 and XP Pro)
Kindest Regards

See http://www.gmayor.com/Alternative_Return_Addresses.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Alasdair Crockett

Hi Again Jay,
Just to let you know that your answer worked a treat :-) and so did my "Daft
Idea".
All I did was load up word as normal and go to FilePage SetupMargins and
set the margins for a DL 10 envelope as follows, Top = 10cm, Bottom = 0cm,
Left = 0cm & Right = 7.5cm. Set Orientation to Landscape, Apply to whole
document, and click ok. When you click ok Word will tell you that one or more
of the margins are set outside the printable area of the "page" just click on
ignore key.
Set your tabs where you want your clip art to be inserted and away you
go.When you press "Print" Word will again tell you about the margins been
outside the printable area and asks you if you want Word to "Fix" or "Ignore"
again click on Ignore, all that you have to remember is not to put your
graphic in the central "Address Area" of the envelope.
You can of course save the Front and Back page settings if you intend to
print more of the same envelopes at a later date.
I hope that all made sense :-)

Kindest Regards,

Alasdair.