Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stan filipek stan filipek is offline

Default some e-mail word attachments cant be opened in word07 what can i d

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Try saving the files to the hard disk before opening them. If that doesn't
help, they could be damaged. Ask the sender to send them again.

~~~
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stan filipek[_2_] stan filipek[_2_] is offline

Default some e-mail word attachments cant be opened in word07 what can

Thank you Stefan, I will try this next time I have trouble with an attachment.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Try saving the files to the hard disk before opening them. If that doesn't
help, they could be damaged. Ask the sender to send them again.

~~~
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rachel Rachel is offline

I recently installed Word 2007 on my laptop and I have this same issue. When
a student sends me an attachment in Word 2007, and I click on the attachment
to open it, it opens in Wordpad and it is just a bunch of jumbled language.
If I save the file, then try to open it, the same thing happens. I have to
open Word 2007 then select "Open", and find the file. Then the document opens
correctly. I also do not have the same problem with my school issued Macbook
that has MacOffice.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Try saving the files to the hard disk before opening them. If that doesn't
help, they could be damaged. Ask the sender to send them again.

~~~
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See the article "How to re-register Word when problems crop up opening
files€¯ at:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...gisterWord.htm

--
Hope this helps.