Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Woody Woody is offline

Default Outline mode and pictures

Is there a way to see a picture when you are in outline mode? I added a
picture to my Word 2007 file and I can see it in Print Layout but not in
Outline mode. Is there a way to see it when you are in outline mode too?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Unfortunately, images and other objects are suppressed when you view your
document in Outline view. The same is true of Draft view. Only Print Layout
view will display your document as it will look when printed.

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

"Woody" wrote in message
Is there a way to see a picture when you are in outline mode? I added a
picture to my Word 2007 file and I can see it in Print Layout but not in
Outline mode. Is there a way to see it when you are in outline mode too?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Woody Woody is offline

Thank you for responding. I thought I checked notify me of replies, but was
not notified. Only noticed this answer today.

Is there a way to see a border or something in outline mode other than a
blank area. This would at least que you that there is a picture of some sort
there.

"Woody" wrote in message
Is there a way to see a picture when you are in outline mode? I added a
picture to my Word 2007 file and I can see it in Print Layout but not in
Outline mode. Is there a way to see it when you are in outline mode too?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

I don't know of any way to show picture placeholders in Outline View. Now,
if you click the blank space to select the image (even though it's not
visible) you'll see the Picture Tools Format tab.

Perhaps if you expand on why you are using Outline view we can offer
alternate suggestions. For example if you want to view the structure of the
document you can turn on the Document Map and see your outline to the left
of the document while in Print Layout view.

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

"Woody" wrote in message
Is there a way to see a picture when you are in outline mode? I added a
picture to my Word 2007 file and I can see it in Print Layout but not
in
Outline mode. Is there a way to see it when you are in outline mode
too?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] electricpete2@gmail.com is offline

"Beth Melton" wrote:

Unfortunately, images and other objects are suppressed when you view your
document in Outline view. The same is true of Draft view. Only Print
Layout
view will display your document as it will look when printed.

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?
Why would Microsoft remove the ability to see photo's in outline view?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It seems as if Microsoft is focusing on Print Layout view and the new Read
Mode for Word 2013. I don't know why. What you can do is post a suggestion
for Microsoft he

http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Office/fe...spx?formID=375

https://feedback.office.microsoft.co...lt.aspx?scrx=1

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
"Beth Melton" wrote:

Unfortunately, images and other objects are suppressed when you view
your
document in Outline view. The same is true of Draft view. Only Print
Layout
view will display your document as it will look when printed.

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?
Why would Microsoft remove the ability to see photo's in outline view?

why does Outline mode print in draft mode? Ted Microsoft Word Help 4 July 5th 09 03:22 PM
Pictures in Outline and Draft mode in Word 2007 are not shown? Tc@t Microsoft Word Help 2 May 24th 09 01:18 PM
Outline Mode bobtastingsonline Microsoft Word Help 1 January 22nd 09 10:50 AM
Using Outline mode et New Users 1 November 27th 05 07:56 PM
How do I turn off the outline mode? Dino Page Layout 3 December 8th 04 12:45 AM