Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kathleen Kathleen is offline

Default How do I remove paragraph symbols on every line in Word?

All my Word documents are coming up with paragraph symbols on every line. If
the line has text, the symbol is at the end of the line. If there is no text,
it's on the left. How do I remove this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

CTRL+SHIFT+8
or click the ¶ button

"Kathleen" wrote in message
All my Word documents are coming up with paragraph symbols on every line.
If
the line has text, the symbol is at the end of the line. If there is no
text,
it's on the left. How do I remove this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
caysimpson caysimpson is offline

Click on the "Show/Hide" button on your toolbar.

"Kathleen" wrote:

All my Word documents are coming up with paragraph symbols on every line. If
the line has text, the symbol is at the end of the line. If there is no text,
it's on the left. How do I remove this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If they're on _every_ line, then you're probably looking at text
downloaded from a webpage, and you probably want to remove them so
that Word can be a proper word processor.

If the actual paragraphs are separated by two (or more) paragraph
symbols, then use Find/Replace (Ctrl-H) to Find two paragraph marks
(^p^p) and Replace with something not otherwise used in your document
(such as line break, ^l [lowercase L]), then Find/Replace every
paragraph mark (^p) with a space (type spacebar in the Replace with
box), then Find/Replace each line break (^l) with a paragraph break
(^p).

(If each of the lines ends with a space before the paragraph mark,
then Replace ^p with nothing at all -- leave the Replace with box
empty.)

Or maybe you hit "Enter" at the end of each line, as if you were using
a typewriter? Don't do that.

On Feb 11, 10:58*am, Kathleen
wrote:
All my Word documents are coming up with paragraph symbols on every line. If
the line has text, the symbol is at the end of the line. If there is no text,
it's on the left. How do I remove this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
marysully marysully is offline

Do you mean the paragraph markers that show up when the show/hide key
(paragraph symbol located on the standard toolbar) is activated. Just click
on that button on the toolbar and the marks will go away. I like using the
paragraph marks when formatting. Also, they never print out.

wrote:
All my Word documents are coming up with paragraph symbols on every line. If
the line has text, the symbol is at the end of the line. If there is no text,
it's on the left. How do I remove this?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] jsphtdjnd@gmail.com is offline

On Friday, February 12, 2010 at 2:58:01 AM UTC+11, Kathleen wrote:
All my Word documents are coming up with paragraph symbols on every line. If
the line has text, the symbol is at the end of the line. If there is no text,
it's on the left. How do I remove this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] isushman@isushman.com is offline

On Thursday, February 11, 2010 at 8:58:01 AM UTC-7, Kathleen wrote:
All my Word documents are coming up with paragraph symbols on every line. If
the line has text, the symbol is at the end of the line. If there is no text,
it's on the left. How do I remove this?

Microsoft was no help (no surprise) but these guys have the exact instructions: https://wordmvp.com/FAQs/General/Fin...Characters.htm

JORDAN DIN JORDAN DIN is offline
Junior Member

The problem shared above occurs when teh message MS word not responding occurs on the screen.
A user can easily solve this issue by clicking on teh given link-

https://notresponding.net/microsoft-word-not-working/
Harriet27 Harriet27 is offline
Junior Member

Location: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
All my Word documents are coming up with paragraph symbols on every line. If
the line has text, the symbol is at the end of the line. If there is no text,
it's on the left. How do I remove this?
Click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click Word Options.
Click Display.
Under Always show these formatting marks on the screen, select the check box for each formatting mark that you always want to display, regardless if the Show/Hide button is turned on or turned off.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] shumit592@gmail.com is offline

On Thursday, February 11, 2010 at 11:58:01 PM UTC+8, Kathleen wrote:
All my Word documents are coming up with paragraph symbols on every line. If
the line has text, the symbol is at the end of the line. If there is no text,
it's on the left. How do I remove this?

Ctrl+Shift+8 worked for me, thank u

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] obpsmartin@gmail.com is offline

On Thursday, February 11, 2010 at 11:58:01 PM UTC+8, Kathleen wrote:
All my Word documents are coming up with paragraph symbols on every line. If
the line has text, the symbol is at the end of the line. If there is no text,
it's on the left. How do I remove this?

Press command and then press all the numbers including zero(still holding command).