Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sheana sheana is offline

Default I can't adjust the size, width and height of my rows and columns.

When I position the cursor to move a line from a row or column, the line
moves with the left mouse held down but then immediately snaps back to its'
equidistant, original position. I created the table using the Insert table
command, and there seem to be some autofit/fixed sizing. This is unlike when
I draw a table using the Tables and Borders toolbar.

Is there a setting I need to adjust/turn off so I can vary the size of the
rows and columns?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

I think you are describing the snap-to-grid action. You can turn this off
completely in the drawing tools options, or you can override this by holding
the ALT key whilst making the small adjustments. (Note the Alt key overrides
many other of these mystical auto-functions too.)

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"sheana" wrote in message
When I position the cursor to move a line from a row or column, the line
moves with the left mouse held down but then immediately snaps back to
its'
equidistant, original position. I created the table using the Insert
table
command, and there seem to be some autofit/fixed sizing. This is unlike
when
I draw a table using the Tables and Borders toolbar.

Is there a setting I need to adjust/turn off so I can vary the size of the
rows and columns?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

You may need to select the entire table then open the Table Properties dialog
box.

In this box, on the Table tab, click Options. Make sure the Augotmatically
Resize to Fit Contents check box is clrered.

On the Row tab, make sure that the Specify Height check box is cleared.

I don't know if these would cause or fix the symptoms you're describing, but
that's where I'd start poking around.

Bear

--
Windows XP, Word 2000