Don Johnson

Default Spell check doesn't seem to work in a Word table - is this normal?

I have created my resume in a table formatin MS-Word 2003, and spell check
clearly misses words that are misspelled (I purposely typed false words to
test). However, auto-correct seems to work, as it changed "frendly" to
"friendly" without question.

Clicking the spell check mark on the whole document told me all was ok, as
did clicking it when the text in only one cell was selected.

Is there a configuration setting causing this, or is it a limitation?
Every time I go to Tools/Language/Set Language, the box is checked "Do not
check spelling or grammar" and unchecking it does not work.

Any ideas, please?

Don Johnson
Don Johnson

Sorry - I checked and verified everything, but still no good.

Don.

"Walter Wood" wrote:

Hi Don,

Try going into Tools, Option, Spelling and Grammer and then click on the
Check Document button. This will reset the entire document and recheck
everything. While there also make sure that "Hide Spelling Errors" and
"Hide Grmamatical errors" are unchecked while "Check spelling as you type"
and "Check grammer as you type" are checked. .

HTH
Walter

Charles Kenyon

Select everything.
Tools Language Check Spelling and Grammar must be checked (Word 2003)
Earlier versions may have a slightly different command structure
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Walter Wood" wrote:

Hi Don,

Try going into Tools, Option, Spelling and Grammer and then click on the
Check Document button. This will reset the entire document and recheck
everything. While there also make sure that "Hide Spelling Errors" and
"Hide Grmamatical errors" are unchecked while "Check spelling as you
type"
and "Check grammer as you type" are checked. .

HTH
Walter

Charles Kenyon

Did you change the language setting? (not just the spell checking options)
--

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Select everything.
Tools Language Check Spelling and Grammar must be checked (Word 2003)
Earlier versions may have a slightly different command structure
--
Charles Kenyon

Word New User FAQ & Web Directory:
http://addbalance.com/word