Mo Temple

Default How do I stop word document from opening in 'markedup' view

I have three word ducments that open in 'markedup' view as soon asI go into
them. I can then change this by choosing 'view' from toolbar and lcicking on
'markedup' to hide the changes, but this is cumbersome, and would rather set
the documents to open in 'print view' instead
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TW8gVGVtcGxl?=,

I have three word ducments that open in 'markedup' view as soon asI go into
them. I can then change this by choosing 'view' from toolbar and lcicking on
'markedup' to hide the changes, but this is cumbersome, and would rather set
the documents to open in 'print view' instead

Whether a document opens with markup visible or not has nothing to do with
whether what view it opens in.

However, in order to NOT see the markup you should
- display the Reviewing toolbar
- use the tools to accept/reject the changes (markup) in the document

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)