Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Joe Matthews Joe Matthews is offline

Default how do I right flush part of a single line

In wordPerfect, if I want to hard right flush PART of a single line of text,
I simply hit alt-F7.

How do I do that in MS Word 2003

Thanks

Joe Matthews
Gibsons, BC
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 17:06:01 -0800, Joe Matthews
wrote:

In wordPerfect, if I want to hard right flush PART of a single line of text,
I simply hit alt-F7.

How do I do that in MS Word 2003

Thanks

Joe Matthews
Gibsons, BC

Microsoft Word is very different from WordPerfect in this and many
other respects.

In Word, you set a tab stop at the right margin (most easily by
clicking in the ruler), and type a tab character before the part of
the text that you want to be flush right. There is no single keystroke
to do this.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TedMi[_2_] TedMi[_2_] is offline

To be precise, there is no way to set a tab stop "at the right margin" in
Word. What you can do is set a tab stop at the same distance as the right
margin - however, if you change the margin, the tab stop does not move.
-TedMi

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Microsoft Word is very different from WordPerfect in this and many
other respects.

In Word, you set a tab stop at the right margin (most easily by
clicking in the ruler), and type a tab character before the part of
the text that you want to be flush right. There is no single keystroke
to do this.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

That's true. And unfortunate. The saving grace is that most people never
change their margins.

TedMi wrote:
To be precise, there is no way to set a tab stop "at the right
margin" in Word. What you can do is set a tab stop at the same
distance as the right margin - however, if you change the margin, the
tab stop does not move. -TedMi

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Microsoft Word is very different from WordPerfect in this and many
other respects.

In Word, you set a tab stop at the right margin (most easily by
clicking in the ruler), and type a tab character before the part of
the text that you want to be flush right. There is no single
keystroke to do this.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

In Word 2007 (and I assume in Word 2010), you can in fact set an "alignment
tab" that will move if the margins change.

http://word.mvps.org

"TedMi" wrote in message
To be precise, there is no way to set a tab stop "at the right margin" in
Word. What you can do is set a tab stop at the same distance as the right
margin - however, if you change the margin, the tab stop does not move.
-TedMi

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Microsoft Word is very different from WordPerfect in this and many
other respects.

In Word, you set a tab stop at the right margin (most easily by
clicking in the ruler), and type a tab character before the part of
the text that you want to be flush right. There is no single keystroke
to do this.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Yes, Word 2010 continues to offer the alignment tab.

"TedMi" wrote in message
To be precise, there is no way to set a tab stop "at the right margin" in
Word. What you can do is set a tab stop at the same distance as the right
margin - however, if you change the margin, the tab stop does not move.
-TedMi

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Microsoft Word is very different from WordPerfect in this and many
other respects.

In Word, you set a tab stop at the right margin (most easily by
clicking in the ruler), and type a tab character before the part of
the text that you want to be flush right. There is no single keystroke
to do this.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman