birdsword

Default Print icon won't print

Whenever I click the print icon on the toolbar it takes me to the Save As box
to save a document. I tried going to File, Print, and it did the same thing.
How do I fix this problem so my documents will print to my printer.
Jezebel

Have you just installed or upgraded Word 2003? That installation adds a
'printer' called Microsoft Office Document Image Writer and, in my case,
anyway, makes it the default printer. That 'printer' writes the document to
file -- hence the Save As dialog. Go to Start Settings Printers and
reset the default.