TEK

Default Word Grammar wants me to use "I is" not "I am" How Wierd!!!

The message is in the Subject. The "Word" grammar corrector wanted me to
use "I is" instead of "I am" in a sentence. Where did the grammarian used by
Microsoft learn his English? In China?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

TEK

This is the sentence in my original document:"I dont know all the finer
points of definition of duties, so if I am in someone elses realm, let me
know€¦.Im sure you will".The green underline was under the "I'm sure you
will" and suggested the contraction "I's" which doesn't exist. I then
changed it to "I am" and got the suggestion of "I is"

"TEK" wrote in message
The message is in the Subject. The "Word" grammar corrector wanted me to
use "I is" instead of "I am" in a sentence. Where did the grammarian used

by
Microsoft learn his English? In China?

----------------

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Greg Maxey

What do the four . . . . mean? If you change those to 3 dots or an ellipses
the marking clears.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Can you give us an example of the sentence in which this
"correction" is
suggested?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"TEK" wrote in message
The message is in the Subject. The "Word" grammar corrector
wanted me to
use "I is" instead of "I am" in a sentence. Where did the
grammarian used

by
Microsoft learn his English? In China?

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
the
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,
follow

this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader
and then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Tony Jollans

For the second time tonight I'm unable to reproduce a problem others
experience. My grammar checker is perfectly happy with the sentence cut and
pasted from here (with line breaks removed). If I play with the dots and
undo the autocorrect to an ellipsis the Style checker will object to the
four dots but that's all.

Just had an idea after writing that and changed the language to English
(U.S.) and, lo and behold, I got the silly suggestion. Clearly someone at
Microsoft knows the English won't put up with such nonsense but thinks that
Americans will, or should.

Yes, it is very wierd.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
But that's still weird.

so
all may benefit.

"TEK" wrote in message
The message is in the Subject. The "Word" grammar corrector
wanted me to
use "I is" instead of "I am" in a sentence. Where did the
grammarian used
by
Microsoft learn his English? In China?

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
the
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,
follow
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader
and then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...id=c6b0255e-11
50-4a35-8b23-98dd740875a0&dg=microsoft.public.word.docmanagemen t