Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John John is offline

Default Help with ebook creation

Useing Vista Home & Word 2007
On the ribbon there is an addin for creating e books (I want it for the
microsoft reader to go into the handheld)
The file is saved as a .txt file
The book gets created (but not finished) and the following message comes up:
Unable to build the eBook (error 65: The item tag should have a
'media-type' attribute.).
Any help would be greatly welcomed.

John
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello John

john wrote:
Useing Vista Home & Word 2007
On the ribbon there is an addin for creating e books (I want it for the
microsoft reader to go into the handheld)
The file is saved as a .txt file

that's certainly not a very straight-forward choice for an e-book. Where
have you got this Add-in from? It does sound like a third party tool, so
your best bet is to ask there.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John John is offline

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hello John

john wrote:
Useing Vista Home & Word 2007
On the ribbon there is an addin for creating e books (I want it for the
microsoft reader to go into the handheld)
The file is saved as a .txt file

that's certainly not a very straight-forward choice for an e-book. Where
have you got this Add-in from? It does sound like a third party tool, so
your best bet is to ask there.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports
X Against HTML | for | with Word?

It is a Microsoft product
(http://www.microsoft.com/reader/deve...loads/rmr.mspx) but does it
work with word 2007?
Regards

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi John,

Some of the features in the Word Read-in-Microsoft-Reader add-in work in Word 2007, some do not (i.e. it can produce a .LIT file,
but it may be a simpler one than you were hoping for). The Reader team has said it will be updated, but we're now 18months past the
release date of Office 2007, so there's no way of telling when this might happen. There doesn't seem to much traffic these days in
the MS Reader discussion group, but you may want to use the link below to post there.

=================
"john" wrote in message ...

It is a Microsoft product
(http://www.microsoft.com/reader/deve...loads/rmr.mspx) but does it
work with word 2007?
Regards

John
--
Please let us know if this has helped,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS
A. Specific newsgroup/discussion group mentioned in this message:
or via browser:
http://microsoft.com/communities/new....public.reader

B. MS Office Community discussion/newsgroups via Web Browser
http://microsoft.com/office/communit...s/default.mspx
or
Microsoft hosted newsgroups via Outlook Express/newsreader