Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eljay Eljay is offline

Default Unwanted large (bottom) margin when printing booklet

Hello,

I'm trying to print a large (500 page) document as a booklet. Though I've
set the bottom margin to .3 inches, when I print, the bottom margin is much
larger - about 1.1 inchs. Nothing I do seems to be able to change this.

Would be grateful for suggestions on how to change this.

Thanks

Eljay

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you check the size of the footer?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Eljay" wrote in message
news
Hello,

I'm trying to print a large (500 page) document as a booklet. Though I've
set the bottom margin to .3 inches, when I print, the bottom margin is
much
larger - about 1.1 inchs. Nothing I do seems to be able to change this.

Would be grateful for suggestions on how to change this.

Thanks

Eljay

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eljay Eljay is offline

You're a star! Thank you JoAnn. Reduced the footer size (though I had to do
that manually for all the pages) and sorted the problem. Thanks again.

"Eljay" wrote in message
news
Hello,

I'm trying to print a large (500 page) document as a booklet. Though I've
set the bottom margin to .3 inches, when I print, the bottom margin is
much
larger - about 1.1 inchs. Nothing I do seems to be able to change this.

Would be grateful for suggestions on how to change this.

Thanks

Eljay

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave C Dave C is offline

This is my first discussion group, so I hope it is OK to "piggyback" with a
related question.

I am using Word 2003 SP1 with Windows XP and a LAserjet 4V. I want to print
a booklet using 8.5" x 5.5" half-sheets - ending with a booklet of 4.25" x
5.5". When I set my page up this way and print, all of my text prints
shifted right approximately 1 inch too far, so pages 1 & 3 run off the page
and pages 2 & 4 print through the fold.

If I set my paper size to be 8.5" x 11", it prints out fine, but I'd rather
have the smaller size. I'd also rather not copy my text twice onto the 8.5 x
11 paper and then cut it.

Any ideas?

"Eljay" wrote in message
news
Hello,

I'm trying to print a large (500 page) document as a booklet. Though I've
set the bottom margin to .3 inches, when I print, the bottom margin is
much
larger - about 1.1 inchs. Nothing I do seems to be able to change this.

Would be grateful for suggestions on how to change this.

Thanks

Eljay

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Actually, it's not really a good idea to do that. Start with a new post.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote: