Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default I want image not to print out

Hi folks,

I'd very much appreciate any suggestions on how to...

Create a Word 2000 document that:

1. Is live on a website, so the page opens in Word, not a browser.

2. Has a background image that takes up the whole page, that is a
viewable background image but that *does not* print out.

3. The page has 'A5' dimensions, i.e. 14.8 cm width, 21 cm height.

4. Contains absolute positioning. It will be a form with entry boxes
at absolutely positioned data entry boxes, i.e. ignoring margins.

I'm aware that there is a Format -- Background -- Fill -- Image
option, but this doesn't seem to be valid for my proposed document.

I tried this with a 14.8 x 21 cm image created in Photoshop, and the
image tiled twice and forced the page to be much wider, overriding the
14.8 cm width specified in Page Setup.

Thanks!

:-)

Marie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Marie,

Whether a Word document opens with the Word menus visible in Internet Explorer is controlled by the settings on the computer of the
folks visiting your site.

For your background image check to see that you've saved it in a file format that can store a Pixel per inch value and include that
value in the graphic.

Word has a feature to automatically resize pages between letter and A4 and it may be impacted by A5 sheets as well, but perhaps one
of the folks who have that as a default can comment on that aspect.

Format=Background wasn't a printable option until Word 2003. For earlier versions you can create a page size autoshape in your
header as one choice and fill that with your graphic so that it prints as one method.

Word is not page layout software and the choice of printers can make a difference in form layout, but you may want to look at the
articles on fill-in forms on the Word MVP website. http://word.mvps.org

========

--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system iinfo is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/