Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
G G is offline

Default Word Text Form Field question

I have a form designed and ready to go but I am trying to do some minor
formatting changes to improve the look.

Specifically, I have areas where a user enters text, eg. their name. I
have placed a Text Form Field in the location where I want it and have
set the properties to allow a maximum of 50 characters. How do I format
the field so that it displays on the form as being 50 characters long?
I have shading turned on and it makes the form appear as if a user only
has a small amount of space to enter the information. Granted , when
they start typing they have more space but the form just looks bad.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Insert as many spaces as necessary to force the formfield to appear as long
as you want it to appear. As soon as the user commences to type in the
formfield, they will over-write the spaces.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP