Martin

Default Indented Styles Loose Indentation When Wrapped Around a Text Box

I created a Text Box, aligning it with the left margin of the page. I
specified that body text should wrap around the right edge of the text box at
a distance of 0.25 inches.

I found that text formatted with the "List Bullet 2" and "List Continue 2"
styles loose their indentation around the edge of the text box. These styles
are supposed to be indented 0.25 inches from the left margin. Somehow, the
wrapping feature forces them to be flush left (no indentation).

As soon as I remove the text box, these styles appear exactly as they are
supposed to. Bring the Text Box back, and they loose their indentation once
again.

Is there any way to resolve this problem?

Stefan Blom

Hm, is this a bug that has grown worse with recent versions of Word?
In Word 2000, it seems as though left and hanging indents are correct
for numbered or bulleted styles but not for unnumbered styles, when
there is a text box (with the wrapping style set to "Square") to the
left of the paragraph.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
This is a known and persistent bug. The only exceptions,

unfortunately, are
bullets and numbering applied with the toolbar buttons.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Martin" wrote in message
[...]

To tell the truth, I've lost track of what does and doesn't work, partly
because I have always (till recently) had better luck than most. I didn't
see the "bug" at all in Word 97, and in Word 2002 the display was wrong
(even in Print Preview), but the indents printed correctly (almost worse
than not working at all). In Word 2003 I think it's just totally broken, but
I haven't played around with it much.