Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ian[_3_] Ian[_3_] is offline

Default Making WORD show a comment like EXCEL

In excel I can add a comment to a cell to show some text for the user to
complete the info in the cell.A guidance note.
I want to do the same in WORD son the user can hold the mouse over the
paragraph heading and some text will show for guidance.

Is this possible in WORD, or is there something similar?

Thanks,

Ian,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Word Angel Word Angel is offline

On Jan 19, 5:38*am, "Ian" wrote:
In excel I can add a comment to a cell to show some text for the user to
complete the info in the cell.A guidance note.
I want to do the same in WORD son the user can hold the mouse over the
paragraph heading and some text will show for guidance.

Is this possible in WORD, or is there something similar?

* * Thanks,

Ian,

What are we both doing up soo early! Yes, in Word 2003 you can insert
a comment field. The way it looks to the user will depend on their
own settings (shows as a balloon, or text pops up when they hold their
mouse over it).
I would recommend highlighting some text that is important to your
comment and the choose Insert Comment and type in what you want to
say.
Remember that the settings for how this comment will look are
different for each user. ToolsOptionsTrack ChangesBalloons

Hope that helps!
Angel Bivins
Word Angel Document Design
www.wordangel.com