Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jeannine Jeannine is offline

Default Links with Excel

I have some (many, actually) links in my Word 2003 doc to an Excel 2003 doc.
Can I format the Word links (data from Excel) so they show up prominently
while I'm drafting the doc and then get rid of the highlighting (or
whatever) when I get to the final draft?
Thanks, Jeannine

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Running the following macro will make them bold

Dim alink As Field
Dim linkcode As Range

For Each alink In ActiveDocument.Fields
If alink.Type = wdFieldLink Then
Set linkcode = alink.Code
linkcode.Font.Bold = True
End If
Next alink

Changing the True to False and running it again will set them back to normal
text.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jeannine" wrote in message
I have some (many, actually) links in my Word 2003 doc to an Excel 2003
doc.
Can I format the Word links (data from Excel) so they show up prominently
while I'm drafting the doc and then get rid of the highlighting (or
whatever) when I get to the final draft?
Thanks, Jeannine

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jeannine Jeannine is offline

I'm afraid that's way over my head. Instead of that, can I search for
links in the with Search?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Jeannine

Jeannine wrote:
I have some (many, actually) links in my Word 2003 doc to an Excel 2003 doc.
Can I format the Word links (data from Excel) so they show up prominently
while I'm drafting the doc and then get rid of the highlighting (or
whatever) when I get to the final draft?

if they are ordinary hyperlinks, you could adjust the HYPERLINK
character style of your document. Format | Styles and Formatting, then
locate the style, and make it purple/embossed/marching red ants (or
something like that :-)).

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP

excel links in word (resizing) lrw926 Microsoft Word Help 0 March 3rd 06 05:16 AM
Word to Excel links CAE1030 Microsoft Word Help 3 January 20th 06 05:37 PM
Extra space in links to Excel brandie Microsoft Word Help 3 November 10th 05 08:41 PM
Excel links bg New Users 1 December 8th 04 04:11 AM
Updating Links from Excel to Word mace Tables 4 December 2nd 04 04:31 PM