Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dave Rushton Dave Rushton is offline

Default List numbering Word 2003

When I use FormatBullets & Numbering and start a numbered list, as soon as I
go to a sub-numbered list (like 1 1a) then try on the next line to continue
previous numbering (i.e. i want next line to be 2, not 1b), Word 2003 doesn't
give me option to continue previous numbering. This seems like a program
glitch. How to solve?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

After you've pressed Enter, use Alt+Shift+Left arrow (or Shift+Tab) to go
back to the top-level numbering.

Note that numbering will be easier to maintain if you set it up via styles;
see http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP