Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JJ JJ is offline

Default Square Brackets that Aren't Bookmarks

I have been given a document to use as a template. Some of the text is
surrounded by brackets that appear to be bookmarks, but aren't. I have looked
at all the bookmarks (there are only three) and they are not related to the
text with these brackets. I think it might be related to text that was copied
and pasted into the document, but I'm not sure. The only way I can remove the
brackets is to copy the text and paste it elsewhere as unformatted text (not
RTF). Does anyone know what these bracets are and how to get rid of them? I
don't want to have to copy and paste the whole document as plain text and
then have to reformat it. Thanks!