Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Karl Karl is offline

Default Linking text frames DTP-style

Hi,

I'm trying to link two text frames in Word 2007 so that text flows
automatically from one to another. Can this be done? I can't figure it out.

Any help and advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Karl
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

After creating two text boxes, select the first one and click the Create
Text Box Link button on the Text Box toolbar. The mouse pointer changes to a
measuring cup. When it is over the second text box, it will tip over to
"pour." Click on the second text box to complete the link.

"Karl" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm trying to link two text frames in Word 2007 so that text flows
automatically from one to another. Can this be done? I can't figure it

out.

Any help and advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Karl

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Of course, while the function is the same, Word 2007 has to have a
different way to get there. :-(

When you select the first text box, the Ribbon will display the Text
Box Tools. In the Text group at the left end, click the Create Link
button. That gives you the same measuring-cup cursor, which you click
in the second box.

As an alternative, you can right-click the edge of the first text box,
and then the Create Text Box Link item on the shortcut menu. (That
also worked in Word 2003.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Karl" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm trying to link two text frames in Word 2007 so that text flows
automatically from one to another. Can this be done? I can't figure it

out.

Any help and advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Karl

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Oops, missed the reference to 2007. sigh

wrote:

After creating two text boxes, select the first one and click the Create
Text Box Link button on the Text Box toolbar. The mouse pointer changes

to a
measuring cup. When it is over the second text box, it will tip over to
"pour." Click on the second text box to complete the link.

so
all may benefit.

"Karl" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm trying to link two text frames in Word 2007 so that text flows
automatically from one to another. Can this be done? I can't figure it

out.

Any help and advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Karl

how do I remove many frames from around my text? SaphInc Microsoft Word Help 1 June 19th 06 11:09 PM
Find text boxes & frames Leonard Microsoft Word Help 0 August 25th 05 04:11 PM
Frames vs. Text Boxes HT New Users 6 August 22nd 05 03:02 PM
Frames and disappearing text Sue W Microsoft Word Help 1 April 23rd 05 09:30 AM
Anchors, Frames and Text Boxes [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 1 November 30th 04 11:35 PM