Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default toolbar button icons vs. text

I found myself using Insert Cross Reference, Change Case,* and Insert
Caption a lot, so I added them to a toolbar. But all of those commands
happen to not have icons assigned to them, so I made icons for them.
The trouble is that it doesn't seem possible to completely delete the
text from the toolbar button, leaving only my new icon. I edited the
text to "." in each one, but still, the three periods (one in each
button) take up enough space that another button could be visible on
the toolbar; can I remove the text entirely? (Word2003)

tips:
*The Change Case command is a lot more convenient than the Aaa button
on the default toolbar, since clicking on it cycles through Initial,
FULL, and no caps without having to open the window and choose the
option each time.

Similarly, I changed the Print command on the toolbar from the default
one that just sends to the printer whatever's open, to the other one
(with the very same icon, curiously) that doesn't bypass everything
but rather opens the Print dialog box like Ctrl-P.